Here are some resources if you need to learn more about mental illness, if you need help with your condition, if you need counselling, or if you just need someone to talk to. This is a work in progress, and if you have additions to this list please let me know.
- Suicide line 1300 651 251
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Livslinje 70 201 201
- Mellem kl. 11-03 alle dage (not 24-7)
- Kriisipuhelin / crisis phone 01019 5202 arkisin klo 9.00– 07.00
- viikonloppuisin ja juhlapyhinä klo 15.00–07.00 (weekends and national holidays)
- Suicide Ecoute 01 45 39 4000
- SOS Suicide Phenix: 0825 120 364
- TelefonSeelsorge 0800/111 0 111 & 0800/111 0 222
- Das muslimische Seelsorgetelefon 030 / 44 35 09 821
- AASRA – +91-22-27546669
- Mental Health Helpline – 1860-266-2345
- New Zealand
- Krisetelefonen 815 33 300
- Nationella hjälplinjen 020-22 00 60
- Öppet 13-22 alla dagar (Not 24-7)
- United Kingdom & Ireland
- Hopeline 0800 068 41 41
- Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 (Rep of Ireland 1850 60 90 90)
- United States
Hotlines (Internet Chat)
- I’m Alive – I’m Alive is a network of trained volunteers you can chat with.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – along with their 24/7 phone hotline, they also can assist you through chat.
- 7 Cups of Tea – A free chat service where you can connect anonymously to talk to one of a number of trained listeners who are available 24 hours a day.
LGBTQ-friendly Mental Health Resources
- Seven Cups of Tea has an LGBTQ category for listeners. Pomegarnett has some additional advice for those wishing to use this service. This site is not trained in suicide prevention so if you are feeling suicidal, please see the link below. (thanks pomegarnett)
- Queer Mental Health is a “a community-based support and resource site for queer people with mental health issues.” Although they are not trained in suicide prevention, they do have a resource list if you are thinking about suicide. (thanks zander05)
- There is a crisis and suicide hotline specifically for lgbtiqa youth. The number is 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386). This is part of The Trevor Project. (thanks equiusenby).
- If you are in the Seattle area, there is a Seattle Counseling Service for Sexual Minorities. (thanks princessfangface)
- Trans Lifeline is a trans suicide hotline and the number is 877-565-8860.
This is a list in progress. If you know of any other resources, please let me know and I will update this list. Thank you!